- Jennifer Wellman-Andryuk
Top 10 Reasons to Attend A Midsummer Night's Green 2019
We're just over a week away from USGBC NCR's biggest networking event and fundraiser of the year - A Midsummer Night's Green! With inspiring project award finalists, exciting event activities, and the People's Choice Award on the line - this year's event promises to be our best yet.
Looking for a good reason to buy your ticket to join us at Arena Stage on July 18? Here are our Top 10!
10.) We’re back at Arena Stage because this venue can’t be beat! Located just across from The Wharf, DC’s first Phase II LEED Gold ND certified project, Arena Stage is in one of DC’s hottest neighborhoods, the Southwest Waterfront. Come check it out!
9. We have a line-up of unique event experiences. Sit in the driver’s seat or take a ride in a BMW i Model electric car. Take a virtual reality tour of a project mock-up, compliments of Grimm+Parker. Make a memory to take home in our ever-popular photo booth, sponsored by Federal Realty!
8. Savor all the delicious flavors, including the evening’s signature drink, the GHT-tini, and a self-serve Ramen bar. This year we also have a tasting corner, featuring samples of Beyond Meat’s meatless, plant-based Beyond Burger and Tayst’s sustainably made coffee, which is available in compostable k-cups.
7. Be a part of our most sustainable A Midsummer Night’s Green yet! Our volunteer host committee has set an ambitious green party plan into motion, which includes measures to limit waste, calculating our waste diversion rate, and track and offset our carbon footprint.
6. As part of our green party plan, we are holding a Sustainable Transportation Giveaway. Attendees who walk, bike or take public transportation to the event will be eligible to win great prizes, like a gift box from Cotton and Reed or New Columbia Distillers, office sampler starter packages from Tayst Coffee, Bloom Soil from Bloom, a three-month coupon for composting from Compost Crew, and a $50 gift card donated by Mom’s Organic Market.
5. The People’s Choice Award is back! Attendees will vote to decide which of our outstanding project nominees will take home this prestigious award. You can learn about the projects here, but you have to attend to vote!
4. Tommy Wells, Director of DC’s Department of Energy and the Environment, will deliver keynote remarks during our Award Ceremony highlighting DC’s groundbreaking climate and energy policies as well as the District’s achievement in becoming the first LEED Platinum certified city.
3. Get a front row seat for the announcement of the winners of our 2019 Community Leader Awards, which honor the most innovative projects and most impactful individuals working to make the DMV greener, healthier and more resilient. See a list of our finalists for Project Awards here.
2. Catch-up with old colleagues and make new connections at this premier networking event, which draws 300+ industry leaders and green building professionals from across the region. Check out our list of who is attending so far.
1. Your ticket purchase supports USGBC NCR’s education, advocacy and volunteer initiatives, and helps us pursue our mission of bringing green buildings to all in the DMV.
Don't wait! Get your ticket today!